Thursday, March 11, 2010

Over the Rainbow

Somewhere way up high there's a place that I heard of once in a lullaby. And finally we have landed in that place, Taiwan! Dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true. Our travels where thankfully uneventful. Only an hour an half take off delay from LA. It was the longest plane ride, you can't even imagine. I new it was a fifteen hour flight from LA but what I didn't realize was just how long fifteen hours really is. My ankles swelled and by the end of the flight I had no ankles. Total travel time was 32 hours. The airport in Taiwan was very easy and quick to go through. First we exchanged our money over to NT. Then we bought bus tickets to the high speed rail station. We made it to our train 1 minute before it arrived. The train ride was nice and relaxing. We sighted many rice fields along the way. At our train arrival we had a driver waiting for us holding a sign with our name. On our drive to the hotel we realized we were not in the US anymore from all the mopeds and dogs roaming the sidewalks. Then we checked in and got all settled. We laid down to take an hour rest and woke up five hours later. We got ready, explored around the hotel and ate kim-che noodles from 7-11 that you just add hot water to. All the restaurants were closed by the time we were ready so that was our romantic dinner. We can't get this laptop to read our SD card from our camera so we just have the web cam picture for now. We are going to try and figure this out so we can post some Gotcha Day picture tomorrow.
I think I have everything reading for tomorrow. I have gifts for the social workers and foster families. We have backpacks with a few toys and candy for each of the kids. We made a list of questions for each foster family. I hope to fill in a lot of blanks on the children's history and personality. It is 12:30 AM, I should probably try and get some rest now. 9 more hours! Next post will be our Gotcha Day with Naveia and Kai.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so neat to get to share this with you as its happening!! We'll be looking for the next post!

Nancy

Amanda E. said...

I'm so happy and excited for you guys. Keep updating!!

Debberoo said...

Gah, my bloglines wasn't working and I'm only just catching up!!!

the sister of course said...

Funny pagent wave!