Monday, November 16, 2009

Court Hearing Scheduled

We received word today that our first court date is scheduled for December 2nd for Naveia and December 25th for Kai. This was bittersweet news because it has been our prayer to have them home before the end of the year, and now that will not happen. I had assumed we had already had Naveia's first hearing. However, we felt blessed to finally receive some news! I am overjoyed to have dates for the BOTH of them. It seems to our continued prayer to bring them home together is getting closer. If we get to bring them home together it is looking like sometime in February, hopefully closer to the 1st. It's completely out of my hands. I cannot even begin to describe to you how hard this process has been. This has been the longest and most challenging journey of our lives. In the end it will all be fulfilled in God great timing. The months to come are going to be filled with great anticipation for the arrival of our children. We also recieved our November UPDATES : Kai seems funny and very intelligent for a two year old. He speaks full sentences and uses the potty. One time while on the potty he asked "get me the newspaper" and then proceeded to "read" it. Ha ha another funny guy. He has a foster sister that lives with him. So he is getting good practice at being a little brother and not an only child. He is very attached to his foster mother. When they told him he was going to be placed with us. He said "mama not go to America, I not go either". Please be praying for his transition and the grieving he is going to have to go through. Makes me so sad. Naveia seems very outgoing and creative. I learned that her new foster family also speaks Vietnamese and that she is picking it up very well. She will have English to add to her list of spoken languages soon. She has a younger foster brother that moved-in in July. So she is getting good practice being a be sister. It sounds like the two of them have a love/hate relationship and she initiates of most fights. She will scold him loudly and stomp her foot. However, when he needs comfort he comes to her and she gives him hugs. No new pictures yet, but they say they are on there way.

5 comments:

Mark & Kris said...

Blessings on your journey!! I, too, had hoped to have Samuel home for Christmas. Now we are just praying for January!! What agency are you with? Look forward to following your journey. Kris

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on dates for your first hearing. We are in the process of completing our second Taiwan adoption, and we have an adopted daughter from China. Believe me, I know how excruciatingly hard the wait can be. The reason I am writing is to encourage you to ask your agency about time frames. It seems extremely, extremely unlikely (to me) that you would travel in early February - and I know how difficult it is to hope for something. The vast majority of first rulings that I have seen take 2-3 months, and the average for a final ruling is 3 weeks - and I have heard of two families where the final ruling took 8 weeks. Agencies always let you know when the first hearing is scheduled, so I'm just wondering if you are not completely understanding the process - as it usually takes a month or two from the time you send your dossier to schedule a hearing. Again, I know how difficult this process is - especially that it is completely out of your hands. I do believe God will bring your children home in His great timing. But it can be helpful in having realistic expectations. Good luck, God bless - and I hope with all my heart that you do travel in early February!

love3bug said...

Thank you I have spoke with my agency and they are telling families 6 months from dossier submission. I know the Taiwan process varies greatly for each family. I am hopeful for the beginning of Feb. That would be the very soonest to bring them home together. As it would be 6 weeks after our sons hearing and 6 months from the time we submitted our dd dossier. I have seen a few families travel this soon after court hearing. So it does happen but I agree it is not the average. Our situation is unqiue with the 2nd referral three months apart.

Anonymous said...

Our prayers are with you -- for a speedy travel date, and especially to bring them home together...

Sara and Justin said...

Mandy, Congrats on your court dates. It sounds like our sons are the same age. Our son came home at 2 1/2 and the transition was better than we could have expected. He is doing great and every day he amazes us! These kids are so resilient. Your long journey is coming to an end. Best of luck,
Sara