Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Naveia!

My little girl's 1st birthday with us and she is already FIVE years old. We have a tradition of celebrating the birthday the moment you wake. So we always give them a special treat for breakfast. I added fruit to the cake to add a little Taiwan culture. I found out that Naveia does not like cake, just like her older sister. However she did enjoy the fruit and icing. Zarra is so thoughtful, she spent the extra time to add some art and special words of love to the card she got Naveia. Zarra and I went shopping Monday night. She helped me buy the party goods and searched and searched for the perfect gift she wanted to buy her. It ended up being a life size princess puzzle. Naveia loves doing puzzles and I love them too, it keeps her focused and quiet for a little while. Snow White is her favorite book since we have been home. We literally read it everyday. She has picked up some English from doing this, such as; bunny, bird, deer, chipmunk, beautiful, have a bite, apple, and stinky. When we are out in public people now ask me if they spoke English in Taiwan. I say no this what she has learned in the last 7 weeks. They are impressed. It was a fun day. She was full of smiles the whole day, I think she even went to sleep with a smile on her face. She loves being the center of attention, so a whole day dedicated around her was just what she needed. When I was laying her down to sleep she told me that she had never had a party before. You could just sense this party deepened her connection to our family. She realized that she means so much to us and will be with us forever. It was a special day to remember.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Naveia! Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration!