Friday, February 12, 2010

Delayed

Sorry I have not posted in awhile, but there has been no updates. I wanted my next update to be the exciting News of when we where leaving. Well this post is not that exciting update I had hoped for. Today I got somewhat of an upsetting update. Due to medical reasons they are delaying travel until mid to end of March. Don't worry it is not an emergency. O.k. so now I have open that box of questions. What medical reasons, you may be thinking? We have only recently shared this with our close family but it is nothing to keep a secret forever. Naveia has a medical condition called ITP, it is a blood clotting disorder. If her platelets are low she can bruise and bleed very easily. At this time her counts are to low for her to travel. Please pray for her healing and my patience. I just want to bring my babies home and take care of them myself.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh I'm so sorry!I know u r so ready to go! Hopefully, she'll be cleared to travel very very soon!

Mark & Kris said...

Mandy, I am so sorry about this delay. I know how much you were hoping to travel at the beginning of March. I am also sorry I am just now seeing this entry!! I have not been good about being on the computer much this past week. I am praying that your daughters blood count goes up quickly and that you will have travel dates before the end of March!! It is so hard to wait...I know!! But God's timing will be perfect!! He has brought us both this far!! Praying for you all!! Kris

Katie Ross said...

I just wanted you to know that I am newish reader, recommnened to you by my close friend Marci. I have ITP, and though I went through a lot for a few years, I have been in remission for 8 years now and doing well. Ironically, Marci's son also has ITP and is doing fine as well...I have faith that Naveia will do very well!
Thank you for sharing your story. I have been struggling with infertility and possible adoption, and you make this all seem possible! Thank you.