Thursday, February 25, 2010

Countdown Begins

11, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 Taiwan here we come! Yes, Yes, Yes, we got our travel dates! Praise God! It happened today on my son's 6th birthday. I got the call early this morning. I decided not to tell anyone, not even my husband. So I wrote on a bright green paper "the countdown begins,,, we are going to get your sister and brother. Love, Mommy" I wrapped it up like one of the presents. All the family was over for Zane's party, he unwrapped it and Zarra read it to everyone. They were all very happily surprised.
I am so excited! This is the moment I have been waiting for. I booked our flights right away. We are leaving on March 9th, receiving the kids on the 12th, and will be home on the 19th. Now I have to find a hotel that is not booked. I want one that is near a metra station, so we can use that for transportation. Fellow adoptive parents that have traveled any suggestions? Please leave me a comment.
I can't believe I will be holding my babies in two weeks. Friends, family, fellow bloggers thank you all for your continued prayers through the hard times. Your support has meant a lot to me.

10 comments:

Heather said...

Sooooooo excited for you! It's been a long time coming. A very big congratulations to you!

Anonymous said...

Yipeee yay!! The long awaited Day has arrived. We are estatic and can't wait for our arrival to meet Neveia and Kai in April!! Praise God for this family knitted in Heaven!!
Congrats-
Auntie Corrin, Uncle Brandon & Syvon

Katie said...

Congrats! We stayed at the Agora Garden Hotel in Taipei and loved it. It is about a block from the subway station and a few blocks from Taipei 101.

Anonymous said...

Fabulous news!! Congratulations Humphry family. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers for a safe and happy trip.

Michelle, Dustin, Brody, and Addison

Anonymous said...

We stayed at the Caesar Park Hotel directly across for the MRT main station for both our trips to Taiwan. We thought it was a great place to stay. So excited excited for you and your family.

Congrats,
Heather
Mom to Wen and Ming

Kel said...

Brilliant news!! Cant wait to see the pictures!

Good luck with the plans!

xxx

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord John and Mandy! We greatly rejoice with you.

Craig & Mary

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! We're so excited about having these sweet little ones in our church family!

Love, Nancy

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

wooohoo! Sooo excited for you! I can't wait to follow the journey! :) We stayed at the Howard Plaza in Taipei and were NOT impressed with it at all and it was very pricey. The Golden China has been highly recommended by dear friends as has the Agora Garden. We are really considering the Golden China when we go for Jeremiah :) We stayed at the Tayih Landis in Tainan and it was amazing and I know they have on it Taipei so you might look into it. It was the best hbotel hubby had been to and he has traveled all over the world!

Well, sending hugs and preayers,
Tami
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogpsot.com