Thursday, January 28, 2010

Making a big nest

We are still eagerly awaiting our travel date. This waiting time is like the great pain of being in labor, I am so happy to finally be in "labor" but I want it to pass quickly and see my children. Resting in God's promise John 16;24 "ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be made full." We have been keeping busy with our to do list. John is working on constructing a bedroom closet for the boys room. I am giving Naveia's room a fresh coat of paint (should be in there right now). We are still working on moving our family room downstairs. I have been "nesting" too, organizing draws and throwing or giving away anything we don't use. I just feel like de-cluttering to be free of distraction. I have even frozen a few meals and planning meals ahead of time is not typical me. We will probable be working on our to do list up until the day we leave.

3 comments:

Kel said...

How lovely for you to be in this stage! Time is just going to fly by for you!! Take time to have some relaxing too... you are definitely going to have your hands full soon!!

Heather said...

Mandy,
I posted info about your comment on Chinese cards the other day. I hope you find it helpful. I've been nesting too! Shopping, cleaning......can't wait to travel! Looks like we are both going to finish these adoptions pretty close together! You were so helpful to me when we began this adoption. Thank you!

Dr. Geniene Piche said...

We got our court date April 6th :)
Now I am in a bit of a frenzy thinking of all that's left to be done. Have you received your USCIS paperwork yet?