Monday, June 29, 2009

Our First Glance

It started out as a typical Monday morning. I woke early to a cup of coffee and a granola bar, settled down at the computer and started researching the waiting children of Taiwan. Every Monday I update who has found a family and add any new waiting children. With that information I then advocate and pray on the little waiting children's behalf whenever given an opportunity. Well today was different, I found my daughters picture! I was quite surprised when I was on an agency site that is not my own and see a cute little girls face and then read her name. Hsiao-Yu. "What that is my daughter... I think?" I click on her picture and it goes on to confirm it is indeed my daughter. My eyes filled with tears and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I couldn't believe it was her. This is not the way it is suppose to happen. What a blessing, I am so happy to have a picture no matter how I got it. So I was extremely happy but angry and confused at the same time. I contacted the agency immediately to claim that she was my daughter and wanted to know why she was on their waiting list. I also contacted my agency to see why Cathwel has never given them this picture. It is not anything anyone is trying to withhold from us it is just a case of human error and oversights. I won't really go into details, but everyone is doing their part to correct the situation. The other agency took down her picture and information right away. They know she is spoken for and are happy for her. My agency is going to contact Cathwel tonight to find this picture and if there are anymore. All I can say is our orphanage is very busy these days and do their best with what they have. I love it! I love her! I have a face to frame and I can look into this picture and see my daughter. I know it is not clear for you all to see. I only have what I was able to copy, paste and then print on paper. She is squatting down looking at rabbits in a cage. She has a round face with arched eyebrows and a calm look on her face. She is beautiful. Glory be to God for leading me to our daughter's picture.

4 comments:

Childress's said...

We are thrilled to see Naveia finally. Syvon is especially thrilled and can't wait to play with her. They will be the best of friends. The time can't come soon enough for all of us. Little Naveia you are in our hearts and always in our prayers!!

Love,
Brandon, Corrin & Syvon

Amanda Walrath said...

She is so beautiful!!! And an animal lover too! She will fit right in where she was always meant to be. Amanda

Heather said...

That's pretty amazing. I can't imagine how you felt when you saw her pic on someone else's agency site. Ugh! BUT, glad you now have another picture of your beautiful gal!
Heather
http://onechinesebrother.blogspot.com

Chris said...

God is good, all the time!
Amazing how He works it all to our good-now for a speedy court process!!
Blessings