Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kittens

We have kittens that need a loving home. How it all began. On Halloween last year a black kitten starts living in our garage. She is a feral cat and will not let us touch her. She eats our cats food and grows but still won't let us pet her. Towards the end of April I notice her stomach starting to get quit round. I think she is to young to have kittens it must be worms or something. Then to my surprise on May 17th I go out to feed the cats in the morning and up she jumps with 5 wet black things under her. I scream and she is growling. Yep, we have kittens for sure. I am not proud that we were not able to control the pet population by getting her spaded but no one could touch her. The good that has come from it is my kids have been fascinated by the kittens over the past 5 weeks. And my daughter has tamed the mother through handling her kittens. We can now pet her. Zarra really loves animals. She has made them elaborate playgrounds in the house using cardboard boxes and toys. It is so cute and fun to watch them play. She also makes them obstacle courses and is training them well. Zane on the other hand loves them a little to much some times. He often hears us scream "ZANE let go of the kitten" as he shoves it under a pillow or lets it hang from his shirt by it's poor little claws. The kittens love him anyhow. We already have two cats and the mother that showed up last year. So we are not keeping any of the kittens. If you are interested in taking one off our hands. That would be great! Give me a call and you can come and get one.

1 comment:

Corrin said...

Zarra is to cute w/ her playhouse creation. That is right up Syvon's ally. She is going to be nut's for the kitty's. We're excited to be there!! 4 More Days!!

Corrin & Syvon