Wednesday, August 19, 2009

It's a boy!

God preformed a miracle. I am a bit in shock and somewhat speechless. I got the surprise call this morning. My case worker asked me if we could do a three way call with John. I thought she must have really good news on our court process. Then the surprise of our lives came. "Naveia's little brother IS now available for you to adopt." So we are know adopting a sibling group, like we always wanted. I know we were surprised too.

Back in April when we got Naveia's referral I read her social background history and noticed her birth mother had a baby boy in 2007. So I asked if he was open for inter country adopt. For a long time Taiwan never gave us and answer. Our agency asked about the child numerous times, but never got an answer. I was hopeful but new that the odds were not in our favor and that if it was meant to be God would work out the details. Finally at the end of June we were told that he was NOT available for adoption. The only explanation was that it was a long story and a bit complicated. In the context of Chinese culture, that is the polite way to say, please stop asking, and that I have no more to tell you. I was saddened but not broken as I felt God must have another plan for his child. I had accepted that he would not be ours. I took down the crib and was going to sell it. Just yesterday he was on my mind the whole day. I had finale closure about him as I packed away the cloths I had set aside for him just in case. I was going to send them to Taiwan for the clothing drive and had called a friend to give the winter boys cloths to her grandson. I better save all my little boys cloths now. Because I have a baby boy coming! After they told us today I realized I was thinking of him on his birthday while in Taiwan they were preparing our good news. What a birthday present for him, a family. He just turned two as of yesterday. God is so good! John is going to announce his name to the family tonight. His given name is Yi-Hsu which we will keep as his middle name like Naveia Hsiao-Yu. I am so excited I am just rambling on...

3 comments:

Tracy said...

That is VERY exciting news!!! Congrats to all of you for your ever expanding family!!!
Mandy, I know how happy this makes you... I am very happy for you!

Chris said...

God is SOOOO GOOD, all the time!!
What a gift, precious, unbelievable, and awesome!!
So happy for you
Hugs
Chris

Sue said...

What a wonderful miracle for your whole family! Not only will this little boy have a new family but he will always have his sister with him. What a great gift from GOD!

Sue Bachman