Thursday, May 21, 2009

He kniT us together

This is our story of what has taken place of over the last 5 weeks. The weekend before we got "the call" John agreed to up our age preference to 0-4 years old, but he said she would have to just be turning 4 at referral no older. This was an answer to prayer! We sent our agency the update on Monday April 13th. That same day in Taiwan, they sent her file to the agency to be put on their waiting child list. Then the next day our case manager saw our update and saw that this little girl was just about to turn 4 and thought this could be a divine match. Now we get "the call". I wanted to accept her with the little information we had. John being the engineer he is needed to make a more informed decision. So being very optimistic about her. We requested additional medical information. We thought it would be a couple days, a week at most to receive an update. It was so hard for me to hold back my excitement all this time when I knew in my heart all along that she was the one. This was my “marathon” and the last mile of the race is always the hardest and most important. The finish line was in sight, with God’s great grace I hung in there; even when my mind was weary He would pull me back. I just wanted to go to sleep and not think about it until there was an answer. I heard the Lord calling " You're almost there. Don't quit. Stay strong. Keep the faith. Keep going…you'll make it…, It will be worth it!” Then finally a month later we got the update. We had our questions and concerns answered. We immediately submitted a formal request to accept her referral. Next we had to wait yet another week to hear that the orphanage had granted us approval to move forward with her adoption. This was it, we had finally been chosen for our little girl we have waited so long for. We have no picture of her yet. But from a physical description she has a chubby figure with a round face. Her personality reads that she is friendly, talkative, and curious.

From the very beginning of our adoption God had started to knit us together. The day that our file was put on our orphanage’s waiting list, was also the day she became legally free to be adopted. That very same day she was sent to live in a nursing home where she still lives today. I believe it is definitely a match God has knit together and I know she is the child He has always intended for us.

1 comment:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

wow :) ok tears flowing for yall :) God is so good :) what agency are you with? I am so excited to follow your journey :)

blessings,
Tami
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com