Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cathwel

Wednesday, our sixth day with the kids. This morning I was hoping that Naveia would be in a better mood than last night but she was a little on the grouchy side. We were play with the toys and Kai made her mad about something So she hit him very hard in the face. That one earned her, her first time out sitting in a corner. It went over well, she actually stayed there the whole time. When it was over she let John comfort her and did not push him away. Today we took the MRT system to AIT to pick up the finished visas. Then we walked awhile over to Din Tai Fung for famous dumplings. It was packed so we moved on to the ice monster but it was closed. We ended up eating Chinese fried rice, sesame buns, and seafood dumplings. Then we headed back to the hotel for a quick nap. Next we were going to visit Cathwel. They are the Taiwan agency that we adopted through. They have a nice orphanage called Jonah house. Two days before we left for Taiwan I felt lead to do something for the waiting children while I was in Taiwan. It came to me to share my talent of dance with them. The dance studio where I teach donated 15 pairs of tap shoes. So today I got to go there and dance with the children. They all had a blast and it was better than I could have imagined. There were lots of smiling and laughing. I was able to see some of my Internet friends kids and take picture of them for there parents. I also got to talk with Penny. She said they looked for a family for Naveia for a long time and were so happy when we accepted her referral. Next we traveled by taxi, mrt, and walking to meet another adoptive family. They just got her today to pick up their baby girl in the morning. They also have a two year old boy and five year old girl, like us. There daughter is from China. Naveia thought she could speak Chinese and kept trying. The other little girl wanted Naveia to be able to speak English. It was a learning experience for both. In the end they got to share ice cream dessert together and gave hugs goodbye. It was so cute. It was a busy but good day.

3 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

tat is wonderful te gift of dance you gae :) I so wis you ad been at SLC and could ave got a picture of my Jeremia! Can't wait till I am tere to get im :) Wat otel are you staying at? looks nice :) I will be anxious to ear any tips for our time in Taiwan from you wen you are back and ave time :)

Blessings,
Tami

Francesca said...

Mandy, I found you on here by chance! So excited you guys have finally made your journey to pick up your new children. They are simply beautiful and you look and sound like you are having the time of your life right now. I can't wait to catch up on our blog and your enourmous journey.

Annie said...

I love that you were able to share your talent with the kids at Jonah house. What a blessing!